Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Back from the dead

I was out with the plague and a family of plague victims and got out of the swing of chronicling here. But I think we are on an upswing and everyone is feeling better and if only the bugs would go away we'd be in the back yard every day, all day, playing in the pool. Next best thing is the lovely SplashPad that the city recently put up. The kids LOVE that place, and now that we are all back up and running, we're on our way back soon. They get outside (a.k.a. nap and sleep better), and enjoy playing and seeing other kids.

Speaking of naps, those have been an issue lately. The oldest monkey, nearing four, feels he is too old for naps, and perhaps he is right, but he has been a bit of a bear lately, and I have been 'forcing' the issue and 'making' him sleep. Fortunately for me, this has meant taking a few minutes to lie down with him and today we all passed out together. (Yeeee HAW!)

Perhaps that is why I am up in the middle of the night here, rather than snug in my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment