Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Brunch and play dates, Tball and School

Well, since the oldest monkey has begun enjoying Tball, we are actually getting into a bit of a rhythm in terms of our daily schedule. I am hoping this will solidify a bit so that we can begin our official homeschooling journey in the near future. I generally find routine to be a bit stifling, but I am starting to see where it may be necessary with three little monkeys if I intend to get any official homeschooling done.

I am also hoping that we get a weekly or bi-weekly play group set up where the kids can play and the moms can have brunch. I had a small brunch at the house today and it was just fun to get back into the old recipe search and finding something we would all enjoy. I made Banana muffins and apple cinnamon waffles and a homemade watermelon punch. It was tasty - particularly the muffins and it was nice to get baking again.

Currclick.com has had free homeschooling ebooks each day this week, and although I missed last week, I have still gathered about 12 thus far. There have also been a few others that random people have told me about and it has been nice to begin gathering materials. Once we get a little spare change, there are a few books I want to buy to really get going with reading and math. At this point, Monkeys 1 and 2 will likely learn together as she is easily as advanced as he is at this point. And so, our journey will soon begin, and keeping Monkey 3 occupied will certainly be an interesting task while the others try to begin school. I'll need to start lurking on more sites dealing with homeschooling toddlers. Surely we aren't the only ones crazy enough to try and home school with more than one youngster about?

No comments:

Post a Comment