Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Last First

Does anyone else get sad when they think of all of the last firsts? Yesterday was C's first birthday and I am sad that it has come and gone. Oh, I am glad that he is growing up and it has been interesting seeing the little person he is becoming, but it is also bittersweet that my last baby has passed this milestone.

We celebrated at home with just the five of us, but I am thankful that the five of us were able to be here, and it looks like we'll be able to share the next year's worth of birthdays together, which is also exciting. Given our batting average with birthdays as a family, this is another huge milestone.

But C is now walking and has had his first birthday and first dental appointment; he is not that interested in talking yet and hasn't really gotten the hang of solid foods, but all-in-all, he's growing up fast and all of these little milestones are hard for me, since he is our baby, and likely our last. But he is an amazing little man, so I plan on enjoying every bit of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment