Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day 2009

I'll admit I'm not a huge earth-day-touchy-feely kinda girl, but I had to take advantage of a few off the offers out there today. For example, Disney Stores were offering free reusable water bottles if people brought in three empty plastic bottles. Each of the kids got to "collect" three from the roadside (although I will admit, they "spotted them" from the car and I picked them up because I didn't want them getting run over or finding a spittoon or peepee bottle someone tossed out a window, and C-man didn't do a ton beyond looking cute and cooing). In any case, they took the bottles to the Disney at the outlet mall and got their free Mickey Mouse earth day bottles. Happy kiddos all around and a good promo for them, since of course I had to buy other things as well.

We also hit Walgreens for reusable tote (grocery) bags with purchase, and got a few things that gave us Rapid Reward coupons for our next purchase. I don't know if I'm obsessing over coupons or what, but the kids have taken to calling random pieces of paper found or shredded around the house coupons where they used to call them tickets. Perhaps my latest money-saving venture is influencing them after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment