Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Story time and grocery shopping

Why is it I allowed the monkeys to take the library books and read them around the house at their leisure, assuming they would not misplace them? I mean, at 2 1/2 and nearly four, that is kind of asking a lot I suppose, but we took five books and only returned four as our favorite ("Jen the Hen") has disappeared. H is really starting to 'get' sounding out words and can read it if he really thinks on it. Not that this stopped us from tromping home again from story time with four more books - including another book from that series "Tog the Dog."

Since it is National Library Week the preschool story time consisted of reading "The Librarian from the Black Lagoon" along with the accompanying puppet which mentioned knock-knock jokes and H was VERY excited to learn that there are entire BOOKS full of his favorite pastime. While I don't think he's quite ready for prime-time yet with his jokes, he really does love mixing his "why did the chicken" with his "knock-knocks."

Some how, the monkeys ended up even more wound up after story time than before, which I will never understand but by the time we hit the grocery store they were crashing HARD. So needless to say it was a quick flight through the shop and it wasn't my most economical trip either. I have been attempting to use A Full Cup to maximize my bargains, but today coupons were secondary to speed; and yet, no one is asleep.

T-ball should be FUN tonight - no naps and a day full of activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment